Please thank our anonymous investor...

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Please thank our anonymous investor...

With the help of an investor who wishes to remain anonymous the Rational Response Squad is in the process of purchasing a large home to run RRS operations for the next 30 years and beyond. Satisfying a desire to help humanity overcome theism Kelly, Rook, and Sapient have committed to each other to work and live together in a single house so that we can become more efficient and more productive. Rook will be moving to full time status and while Kelly will continue to work part time, it's our goal that at some point she'll be able to work on nothing else other than Rational Response Squad related business alongside of Rook and myself. Words can't express how thankful we are to have helped start such a large, thriving, and helpful community. Although we may be at our computers a little less in the short term as we coordinate the logistics of purchasing a home, moving into it, furnishing it, and outfitting "the bunker" with the highest level of security the industry has to offer, we promise to bust our butts for you in the long term. Your continued support will become more important than ever. A special thank you to our anonymous investor, you have gone beyond the call of duty and we will be forever indebted to you for all of the help and support you are offering us, without you, this wouldn't be possible.

LunarShadow
User is offlineOffline
That kicks much ass Brian I

That kicks much ass Brian I would like to extend my thanks to you "investor" as weel due to the fact that this means that Rook will also be working full time on the RRS (a side from school) not to mention Kelly.

daveyboy
daveyboy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Holy fucking shit. This in

Holy fucking shit.

This in unbelievably kickass.

Thanks dude, whoever you are!

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is terrific news, the

This is terrific news, the RRS is really evolving (ha ha, creationists!). Thank you, mystery person.

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

EverLastingGodS...
User is offlineOffline
Awesome news, Brian,

Awesome news, Brian, congratulations to the RRS on your windfall and your plans to devote yourselves full-time to your activist project.

Best wishes to everyone involved for a productive future, focused activism, and increasing the visibility of atheists in society.

Much thanks to the donor for your generosity. I hope you can find it in your heart to help sponsor other secular groups and organizations.

Congrats again to the RRS. Look at what you've done so far with limited resources; just imagine what you will achieve once you are settled in your new digs with the ability to work on RRS efforts full-time.

g0at
Bronze Member
g0at's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is great news

This is great news brian!

I am floored to hear this news! I wish you guys the best luck, and whatever you do, don't  leave the toilet seats up.

"Well, real estate is always good, as far as I'm concerned."

Donald Trump

-g0at

My dog thinks I am god, and I don't want them knowing better. The cats are unsure, but cats are cats...

scotth
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Complete awesomeness!   I

Complete awesomeness!

I hope everything works out as anticipated.  My only beef is that I wasn't in a position to do this myself (be the big donor).

Scott

Nazookie
User is offlineOffline
Shit, the cats out of the

Shit, the cats out of the bag!

Anyway, Brian tell me where the house is some day, I'll Bring cookies.

Oh and by the way... http://digg.com/business_finance/Rational_Response_Squad_Anonymous_plans_to_help_buy_A_HOUSE 

raymanbrint
raymanbrint's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you. :)

Cheers Mister Anonymous,

Your generosity is greatly appreciated and the effect it will have on the Atheism-Activist community will be readily noticed. I have never seen such an act of good will towards such a pious cause. You are truly a philanthropist among the shambling masses or mediocre men. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Rayman Brint

"I boot religious people religiously."

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
I don't suppose they

I don't suppose they offered to cover 50% of a Rational Response Squad "Squad Car"?  Perhaps an LSD bus?

Joking aside, this is indeed the biggest news you have ever given us!  It's amazing how you can take such risks, to give up your "normal life" only to arrive at such a great opportunity.  Congrats Brian

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous Investor;   I

Anonymous Investor;

I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to you, sir. You have invested your money well in my opinion, and I will be forever grateful for your choice. I look forward to hearing from you on future shows. Huzzah!

Mordagar 

"The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to take seriously." [Albert Einstein, letter to Hoffman and Dukas, 1946]

Bjxrn
User is offlineOffline
this is insane! and really

this is insane! and really cool

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
This donor is SO anonymous

This donor is SO anonymous that even I don't know who it is, but whoever you are, I am completely willing to bow down before you and kiss your feet, despite the fact that I absolutely hate feet. I would even be willing to wash them first. Tongue out  And the new setup is going to r00l.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you, Anonymous

Thank you, Anonymous Investor! I have also written a blog, thanking you for this.

Once again, thank you. Smile

SvZurich
SvZurich's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is amazing news!

This is amazing news! Brian, if you ever needed proof that you and the crew were moving forward and providing a valuable service, this is the ultimate in confirmation! Laughing out loud

Thank you, Mystery Investor. Thank you very much! Smiling

Kimmie, in awe of this announcement!  Laughing out loud

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is so awesome! Looks

That is so awesome! Looks like RRS has an "angel" investor <groan> Laughing

This is so fantastic on so many levels. The future is brightening! Hehe, first the Renaissance, then the Enlightenment, and now the Brightening. 

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Ig
User is offlineOffline
Great news. Thanks to the

Great news. Thanks to the person that did this for the RRS. 

greydonsquare
greydonsquare's picture
User is offlineOffline
Impressive, thanks to who

Impressive, thanks to who ever you are, we are indebted. Greydon Square

JoshD
User is offlineOffline
thanks investor

thanks investor

healthy.addictions
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
woot!

Thank you so much Mr/Mrs Mystery wo/man!!!!

This is so freaking kick-ass!

Science bless you!

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
THANK YOU SO MUCH. A huge

THANK YOU SO MUCH. A huge step towards eliminating Religion.

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
RRS HOUSE PARTY!!!!

RRS HOUSE PARTY!!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Thanks very much!

Thanks very much!

ManWithoutGod
Rational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
New House

Who ever you are...

THANK YOU!  Thank you so much.  Looking forward to the next 30 years (and beyond) with the Rational Response Squad.

Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is truly spectacular

This is truly spectacular ... have you guys come up with a name for this house?  (Every cool house needs an equally dope name ...)

Thank you, "Investor to be names later, maybe", we're all very fortunate today !!!

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com

Blackthorn
Blackthorn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whoever this very kind

Whoever this very kind person is, I thank you very much.  This will surely be the beginning of many steps forward for freethought.

Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
User is offlineOffline
mindspread wrote: RRS

mindspread wrote:

RRS HOUSE PARTY!!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mind,

That's totally a promotional picture from Kid N'Play's "Class Act" - one of my all-time favorite movies !!!

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
Conn_in_Brooklyn

Conn_in_Brooklyn wrote:
Mind,

That's totally a promotional picture from Kid N'Play's "Class Act" - one of my all-time favorite movies !!!

I had no idea they made any other movies... I grabbed the first pic Goggle brought up...

To keep this post on topic:

Thanks again for the donation, anonymous dude!

AcidRain64
User is offlineOffline
Thank You

Right on! Thank you, to the investor, as well as the RRS team for really making a difference in at least one life, mine. Appreciate it greatly.

It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

No fate but what we make for ourselves.

Frequency
Frequency's picture
User is offlineOffline
w00t!

Hell yeah, glad to see the core of Atheist Activism housed in proper surroundings! I'm still planning on contacting you (Sapient) on the advertising tip. My schedule is really hectic, I'm sure you can empathize. I still have your number handy and when I have the proper time to devote I'll give you a ring.

However, if you feel it necessary to contact me, or to give me a brief idea on what services you'd be interested, I can always be contacted by email (joe at freqsoft.com) Thanks!

Pile
atheist
Pile's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's great news.

That's great news. Congratulations!

I have to admit, this doesn't surprise me Brian. You all have really put yourself out there to promote rationality -- there is a huge, HUGE group of people who are fed up with religion. The more people that put their money where their mouth is, the more people will start funding people like that.

zeebo323
User is offlineOffline
Holy crap, that's

Holy crap, that's awesome!

I just want to know, will there be a Real World spoof filmed just for giggles? =D That would be awesome. 

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Holy Shi'ite!!!!!

Holy Shi'ite!!!!!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Conn_in_Brooklyn

Conn_in_Brooklyn wrote:

This is truly spectacular ... have you guys come up with a name for this house? (Every cool house needs an equally dope name ...)

Well there's RRS Compound, and RRS Bunker on the docket, however the only thing we know for sure is that Rooks portion of the house is to be referred to as: "Rooks Nook"

zeebo323 wrote:

I just want to know, will there be a Real World spoof filmed just for giggles? =D That would be awesome.

We were contemplating something with webcams on all the time, maybe a subscribtion based service, however that just feels odd to me.  To some degree I think we want a little privacy.  A Real World spoof might be funny.  We do have plans to give everyone a tour of the house and upload it to Youtube after it's all set up.

Thanks everyone for sharing in the love for our investor.  He said, "tell Kelly she doesn't have to kiss my feet."  Also, he's considering becoming less anonymous at some point, but as his legal counsel I am advising against it.

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle's picture
User is offlineOffline
omg lol that is so so so so

omg lol that is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so AWESOME and very cool.

Mjhavok
User is offlineOffline
This is great news. Hope it

This is great news. Hope it helps to further the cause against irrationality everywhere. You guys are so lucky getting to work on something that you enjoy, is so worth while and needs to be done . Contributing to the greater good is the plan Laughing out loud.

Amazing generosity Mr Anonymous.

Thank You

-Steven

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. "
- Carl Sagan

"Tantum eruditi sunt liberi"

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks

Just a quick thank you for your support for the RRS Mr Anon. Smiling

Take care, 

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hardcore awesome! This is

Hardcore awesome!

This is made of win, much like the guy or girl behind it! Laughing out loud

Oh, and I second 'The bunker' for a name. Smiling

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

AtheistInWonderland
RRS local affiliate
User is offlineOffline
The Rational Response Squad

The Rational Response Squad is doing more for the cause of spreading freethought than any other organization already. I look forward to seeing the fruits of this investment. Thank you a million times over to the investor.

LovE-RicH
LovE-RicH's picture
User is offlineOffline
WOW, congratulations people

WOW, congratulations people and a big thank you to the donor! RSS is going to be in USA History books as the organization that started preparing America for the future!!! Glad do be part of it!Smiling

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Thank you, anonymous person.

Thank you, anonymous person. This is a great investment in real estate and RRS' cause. Maybe in a few years there will be RRS houses all over the US.

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
What a nice gesture that

What a nice gesture that will be put to good use. We could use more people of your caliber in this world.  Thanks for assisting putting an end to the mind disorder known as theism.

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just got the email and it

Just got the email and it blew my mind so thoroughly that I had to chime in even though I haven't had any time to post lately.

THANK YOU whomever you are. Y'know, the one thing religion has always had over us is their phenomenal ability to raise funds. You, Mr./Ms. Investor, are the kind of enlightened person that might help turn that situation around.

'Course it's not really surprising that religions are better at raising money, since that's the only reason they exist in the first place, and have had a lot longer to perfect their pitch.

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

ObnoxiousBitch
Superfan
ObnoxiousBitch's picture
User is offlineOffline
Such fantastic news! Dear

Such fantastic news!

Dear Mr./Ms. Gotrocks (hehe), thanks so much from the bottom of all our blissfully godless hearts for helping to facillitate all the RRS' plans to get their message out. Your generosity is overwhelming.

Brian, Kelly & Rook -- good luck with the move!!!

Invisible friends are for children and psychopaths.

SF
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for trusting your

Thanks for trusting your reason, Anonymous! This can make history.

Bubbles
User is offlineOffline
Support

This is amazing! I am so happy for you and for all atheists that we have a group like yours (and now mine!) willing to put everything on the line for our freedom of thought. My sister and I have been talking recently about how we don't know of any sort of support groups or places to go to be with other atheists and how there needs to be something like that for us, and now here you are. I believe it is very important to the atheist movement for us to be able to find one another and join together so as not to continue to feel so alone and persecuted in our awareness of reality. I really hope that this is just the beginning of a worldwide movement towards the freedom of all humanity from the lies, tyranny and constraints of theism.

Thank you, Anonymous Donor, you are a true hero to Rational Thinkers everywhere and will one day be a hero to everyone who is shown the light of Reality!

AnointedHeathen
User is offlineOffline
Wow, that's inredible!

Wow, that's inredible! Thanks to whoever the anonymous investor is. May the Flying Spaghetti Monster's noodley appendage be upon you always!

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
What wonderful news that a

What wonderful news that a Rational Home is going to be a reality!
Many thanks to Mr. Anonymous who is going above and beyond the call of duty to help spread rationality worldwide.
I raise my glass of Diet Coke in tribute to this person.
This all just gives me the warm fuzzies.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

emodude
emodude's picture
User is offlineOffline
Absolutely awesome news.

Absolutely awesome news. Thank you anonymous donor and congratulations RRS on your new home! What an unbelievable way to let you guys know your work is appreciated and making a difference in this world.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bravo good sir, it's great

Bravo good sir, it's great to see this generosity going towards such a good cause for mankind as a whole.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey this is great... I will

Hey this is great...

I will even resort to that word I try to avoid as SO-O-O overused: 

AWESOME!

I know you have some detractors, even in the 'atheist community' for want of a better term, but whatever minor disagreements there may be about the best approach to further the 'cause' of freethought, you guys are obviously doing something very right, and this sort of thing just reinforces that.

Thanks to your benefactor, you are VERY much appreciated. 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology